Monday, February 12, 2007

When guerilla doesn't work



Times mag has an interesting article written by this regular guy who has been overwhelmed and pretty disgusted with all the guerilla marketing, urban spam as it's referred to now, in even the most unexpected places. One example is Rolodex placing ads under the bins where you place your shoes and other paraphernalia. Personally, this isn't annoying...it's mostly makes me think "why there". On the other hand, a couple months ago I encountered a Glad ambassador at the security line handing out Glad ziplock bags for your liquid products and I thought what a brilliant idea. This is truly branded utility - it's space/time relevant and very useful. I used to buy generic ziplock bags but after seeing this....I'm still buying generic bags. But at least it made me think positively of the brand.

Here, There and Everywhere

No comments: